We were appointed by Retreat to Fowey to design and build a new website that would drive bookings for their expanding portfolio of self-catering holiday properties.
An existing website was already in place, but the information about the apartments – and the imagery, logo and assets used – did not show the Retreat to Fowey brand in its best light.
We were briefed to design and build a custom website with a more classic look, better conveying the experience of staying in a Retreat to Fowey apartment. This also included logo design, the addition of a blog section and new content creation.
Scope for the website build
Working closely with the owners, we established a clear scope of work for the project. This included:
- Creating a custom theme that would allow for a booking system to be integrated at a later date.
- Designing, building and populating the website.
- Creating new assets that could be used both online and offline, including a new logo.
- Adding blog functionality and create blog content, with ongoing content creation to support SEO.
- Providing new copy for the core pages to improve Retreat to Fowey’s search ranking.
- Commissioning a photographer to encapsulate the unique character of each apartment.
- Providing hosting for the website, continuing to provide technical support after the build.
We created a clean-looking custom website that would show the Retreat to Fowey apartments in their best light, in addition to creating highly relevant copy that would improve Retreat to Fowey’s search ranking and increase organic website traffic.