Wadebridge, Cornwall. Salary up to £22k.
Following a period of growth we are looking for someone to join our team based at our office near Wadebridge, north Cornwall.
You’ll be working with a fantastic group of tourism, food and drink, property, interiors and events clients, as part of a friendly and supportive team.
The role is perfect for someone with at least one year’s previous public relations, SEO, digital content marketing, or journalism experience.
About the role
Your primary responsibility will be to support the team in the planning, delivery and reporting of PR and digital marketing campaigns for our clients. Work will include administration, public relations, email marketing, SEO, content creation and social media.
Strong writing skills are key: you will research and draft a wide range of content, from blog posts and press releases to website landing pages, email marketing copy and social media updates.
In addition you will research and prepare reports, and have responsibility for the accurate logging and reporting of media coverage and digital marketing campaigns.
There is clear career progression available within the agency and plenty of opportunities for the right candidate to develop new skills and experience.
- Assist the team with client campaign planning, execution and monitoring.
- Media liaison with journalists working in travel, food and drink, events, property and interiors.
- Creating content for social media and digital marketing campaigns.
- Researching media contacts and maintaining databases.
- Research and draft copy for a wide range of applications.
- Liaise with clients regularly (responding to briefs, attending meetings, status reporting, information seeking, managing milestones and approvals).
- Carry out research for existing projects.
- Research and prepare project documentation, presentations, analysis and reports.
- At least one year’s experience in public relations, digital content marketing, SEO, or journalism.
- Educated to degree level with a strong academic record.
- Experience in creating content for websites, email campaigns and social media.
- Excellent writing skills. Flawless spelling and punctuation.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the food & drink, property and tourism industries.
- Attention to detail.
- Be able to travel independently around Cornwall.
- Experience of using WordPress CMS, Campaign Monitor, and databases.
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Experience of using video editing software.
- Experience of using analytics packages.
- Photography and image editing.
- An understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console.
Managing director, 2 x account directors.
What we offer
- CIPR membership.
- Training support and participation in the CIPR Continuous Professional Development scheme.
- Office dog (working hours only).
- Pleasant rural office with lots of natural light, wood burning stove, Nespresso machine and many different kinds of tea.
- 30 days holiday per year (including bank holidays).
- Staff lunch provided on Fridays.
- 3pm finish on Fridays.
Salary negotiable, up to £22k. 37.5 hour working week.
How to apply
Please send a one page CV (show us you can edit) and an original, typo-free covering letter explaining what you can bring to our team (extra marks for persuasive writing). We strongly suggest you take a look at our website – in particular client case studies and press centre – and our blog, Barefoot Cornwall, before drafting your application.
Send your application to Jim Michell.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 30 September 2018.
We do not accept unsolicited approaches from recruitment agencies for this, or any other role.